Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Food Revolution: Where Can You Eat Out?

When I decided to give up fast food almost two weeks ago I knew I told myself I would slowly adapt to the Natural Food lifestyle and slowly reject my current ways. As with almost everything I've done, I jumped straight in and did the complete opposite. Fast food has been relatively easy to give up, despite living next to more than a dozen different fast food restaurants. Once I knew what was in my food it made every decision I made easier. Now I don't always have the energy, time, or dedication to make every meal, and with the removal of fast food from my diet where was I to turn to find a meal that fit within my new lifestyle and was still relatively friendly on the budget?

I knew immediately that I could count on Chipotle. I had always loved Chipotle, as a Colorado girl supporting this great Colorado based company was a no-brainer. Delicious food, good prices, what's not to love? Every time I've been to Chipotle I've seen that they are trying to have 'Food with Integrity'.

So what exactly does that mean? I looked it up today, checked out Chipotle's website to see what they had to say about their food. Not only is Chipotle trying (and in some cases are already there) to provide only grass fed, free range meat, they're also committed to keeping hormones and anti-biotics away from the dairy. Their theory is if you raise the demand, you'll help influence the way the industry is going. So by being committed to natural food, raised locally where animals and workers are treated with respect, they're actually changing the food culture. So every time you visit Chipotle, you too are supporting that movement.

Ironic to think the restaurant that teamed up with McDonald's to become global is one of the biggest pioneers in the industry for a change in the way food is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment