Saturday, April 2, 2011

Family Cook Book

I have been working on a family cook book for the past...well to be honest since 2008. My family is wonderful; they love good company, food, and booze. We love to cook and celebrate occasions together and with so many new baby cousins now walking around it's time to have a good Beckham (and extended family) cook book.

While it's taken me forever to get family members to find their recipes and send them on their way, it's definitely been a rewarding process. Secret recipes seeing the light of day, my cousin Lauren is helping me with the project by collecting recipes and cooking all that are submitted and taking pictures. While I can't share any of the truly secret recipes with you I will share this secret. Do it. It's so much fun to get new recipes and even more fun to get Grandma's Gingerbread Recipe and Grandpa's Krupnik recipe. Seeing my niece and nephew making Grandma's Gingerbread for Christmas warmed my heart. Grandma was keeping us all connected for the holiday even if we were 600 miles away.

The best part? They are free and are a great way to get in touch with relatives you haven't seen for far too long. When ours is finally done I'll show a picture of my Grandma's Gingerbread, my Uncle Vaughn worked hard to get that recipe Altitude friendly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment