Friday, April 29, 2011

My Food Revolution: Slowly Getting Rid of Processed Food

I've been being really good about trying to reduce the amount of processed food I have. There are things I miss, but ultimately finding healthy food that I love and tastes good has been a rewarding process. I've been buying fresh items and finishing off whatever processed food I have, and there are a few items which I love and I knew there were recipes to have fresh and homemade easy alternatives. I found a few, so I'll be sharing them with you as I discover them!

In the process of trying to become more healthy I've been eating more salads. I make a mean salad and the only concern I have is the dressing and the croutons. The Ranch dressing I use isn't the best for me but it keeps me eating the salad, and what I use in the salad requires less Ranch. The croutons had me thinking I needed to make my own after learning about what is in the bread in the grocery store aisle. As I finally discovered and enjoyed the bread from Great Harvest, I knew I could make my own croutons if I wanted to but lacked a recipe. A simple search through Google took me to the Savory Sweet Life by Alice - the recipe is incredibly simple and included pictures. I started perusing the site and suffice to say now follow it on a regular basis (as you can see in the blogs I follow.) Here's the link to her crouton recipe to use with my basic salad listed below. It's really simple but quite delicious.

Add these croutons to My Favorite Salad Recipe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment