Monday, April 18, 2011

Blogsy: A Review

My computer is from 2003, when I graduated high school and purchased a desk top with television input for college. It had a DVR before they were known. That same desktop still works today (just barely) and when I needed something a bit more portable I had to choose between a laptop, a netbook, and an iPad. I chose the iPad.

As someone who runs a hockey site (for a little over a year now) having access to a computer at all times was needed. I had an iPhone, which I love dearly, but the small screen really didn't help me run the site. As a blogger, writing a post in the iPhone could be done, heck I could even get a wireless keyboard and use that, but it was difficult. The blogging apps on both the iPhone and iPad were sub-par to say the least, and using Safari to login to the site and post that way was a pain in the rear. Trying to scroll down took forever, pieces couldn't be scheduled but rather saved in 'Draft' form to which I would have to login on the computer and set up the scheduling. Overall, it wasn't as convenient.

My Uncle called letting me know he had finally purchased an iPad 2. He put his name on the list at the Apple store the day before like I had instructed him to, and they called him the following day. He picked up a 64 GB white iPad 2. He was clearly excited and wanted to know a few apps. I had shown him several before, and as he is also a fellow iPhone user I knew he had a few favorites of his own. Thinking of apps he should use I headed over to my app store to the 'Featured' section and perused the options. Blogsy was on the front, at a discounted price of $2.99 while they worked on the update to allow you to add pictures from your own gallery to the blog post. Reading the reviews, seeing the features I figured it was worth a try. After all, $2.99 and a chance to make blogging fun, easy and seamless again? Why not, right?

As I sit in bed typing this piece, and after I have already typed up three other blog pieces on Blogsy, I can honestly say it was the best $3 in app purchases I've ever made. I love Pages, Numbers, Presentations and of course all three Angry Birds HD, but nothing makes The iPad quite as useful as Blogsy does. If you're a blogger and you have an iPad, there's no reason you shouldn't have Blogsy.

*Blogsy works with my personal site here at blogspot, my writing portfolio at wordpress.com, and our hockey site (with a little finagling) a self-hosted wordpress site. It truly rocks.*

No comments:

Post a Comment