Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Food Revolution: What I'm Eating

So I tweeted last night that I had lost weight and even dropped two inches in the ribcage area. Most of my friends asked for a few simple recipes I've been using. If you read some of my previous posts you can find my salad recipe and the type of bread I'm using. Going 'whole wheat' is not enough. Buying bread fresh that lasts 7-10 days and contains about five ingredients is what you need to be doing. I've switched to free range, grass fed beef and chicken as well as eggs. I am eating organic fruits and vegetables and try to buy local at all times.
For breakfast I eat a banana and granola bars (which I will be replacing!), for lunch I have my new bread w/naturals peanut butter, honey from a glass jar (that's made in Minnesota), string cheese, chips (Lay's only have potatoes, oil and salt), and a salad. I eat something listed below for dinner and then try to have grapes or an apple for dessert before eating a piece of chocolate or making on the stove popcorn (I use olive oil to pop it and then real butter with salt to top it.)

By removing fast food, soda and 'Lean Cuisines' I have felt better, enjoyed eating, and as noted dropped weight. This isn't a diet, this is a lifestyle change. It's time we take our health back and tell the food industry we are worth it.

So here are some simple, recipes anyone can do.

Garlic Pepper Chicken

Oven Roasted Potatoes

Sautéed Summer Squash

Oven Roasted Potatoes with Summer Vegetables

Oven Baked Salmon

1 comment:

  1. Not that it completely conforms to your new dietary focus, but you might really find some good info from the Sonoma Diet book, and the Sonoma Diet Cookbook. I have NEVER felt better, lighter, and healthier than when I followed that plan. Sounds similar to what you describe here.

    ReplyDelete