Monday, May 16, 2011

My Food Revolution: One Month Anniversary

It's been a month since the fateful day that changed my life. Last Friday was my one month anniversary free of soda and this past Saturday was my one month anniversary free from fast food. It's been a journey, made more difficult by not being at home and being in complete control of my own diet but there are ways to avoid eating things you don't want to eat.

What I've learned:
- Read the labels. If there's things you can't pronounce or your grandmother's grandmother wouldn't recognize, skip it.
- You can find healthy alternatives to almost everything in your diet. It won't be exactly the same but that doesn't mean it has to taste like cardboard.
- Leftovers of home cooked meals are your friends. Freezing meals is even better. When you're lazy and just want something quick this prevents you from grabbing fast food or a frozen meal.
- Tell people about your changes, it helps to be held accountable and to receive encouragement from time to time.

New goals:- Use the Farmers Market. Now that the weather is nice it's time to take advantage of local produce.
- Give up plastic Tupperware. It's bad for my health, it's bad for the environment.
- Try new recipes. Good friend Sarah from CWGAP has sent me a ton of recipes. I'll report back on how some of them turned out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment