Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chanel's Food Revolution: Blue Buffalo

Long before I switched over to eating healthy my dog Chanel has been on the 'Organic Food' regimen. Part of the reason for her switch was the trouble she was having with regular dog food. I had two options: Pay more for dog food or spend a good deal of time cleaning up stains on the carpet. I choose the former, opting to give my pup what her digestive system clearly needed and save myself from gagging at the ruminants of bad dog food. In the search for finding what suited her particular dietary needs I tried a few foods, and some where downright awful whereas others were pretty good. I came across Blue Buffalo at the suggestion of a friend who had the same breed of dog, in fact she got her dog from the same breeder I got Chanel. Once I gave Chanel Blue Buffalo, she was hooked; clearly this was a match made in heaven! She's been on Blue Buffalo for over two years now, and we haven't had a 'digestive issue' since!

Last week I was picking up dog food for her and noticed that Blue Buffalo had two other types of recipes. They had their usual diet which Chanel had been eating as well as a 'Limited Ingredients' diet and the new 'Wolf Diet' - both were on sale for $5-$10 off. The newest 'Wolf Diet' caught my eye, not only did it offer food with Duck in it, the food was also 100% grain free. I dragged that 40 lb bag to the counter and didn't turn back.

Dogs only live for so long, shouldn't every moment of their life be healthy, happy, and chemical free? For a special treat I add water to Chanel's food. It softens the food and creates a gravy if you swirl it. No chemicals, no preservatives, no subsequent digestive issue. It's a win-win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment