Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Asher Roth's Crazies

In my recent attempt to become more adventuresome and push myself outside my comfort zone, I decided to attend a young, male rapper concert last night. Mind you, he is white. My friend Linds had tickets and her friend couldn’t go. I agreed to help her move her television (yeah it was huge and we’re pretty bad a*%) and then go to the concert. The concert was at the Fine Line and it has a reputation for being a more intimate setting for a concert.

Me, being the awkward individual I am who has finally developed no care for what strangers think of me, went to the front of the stage before it was socially acceptable to try and get a front row spot. I did not care, as my friend Katy says, “I am not above it.” The doors opened at 9 and that should have been my first indication that this concert was maybe not the wisest decision I’ve ever made given it was being held on a Monday (work) night.


So we're waiting and nothing happens for an HOUR. And then a DJ plays tracks for AN HOUR. Now it's 11, you figure the dj is the special guest star, oh no, there is another HOUR of special guest star thugs. Then finally this kid comes on. And we all know how well I do at standing room only concerts. It has literally been three hours of crap and standing in the front row. I am tired, I am cranky, and I am in pain. I say to Linds, if this kid isn't good, I'm calling a cab home.


Turns out, Asher Roth was actually really good and really charismatic. And everything was going really well until the end because we met these guys at the concert and they provided a 'wall' around us where no one got through. The concert was fun, the music was great and I really enjoyed myself that last hour.


Then Asher went crowd surfing and this tall brunette (more like black hair and kind of thuggish) started trying to get closer to the stage throwing her elbows (which met my head) and shoving people so I turned around and told her to get off of me and pushed her. She did it again so I turned back around and was like seriously? You need to get off of me and pushed her again and then she grabbed my arm and then grabbed my neck and started choking me! The guy in between us starts pulling her off of me because I'm shocked, I've never been strangled/choked before. Not planning on having it done again either. Then I suddenly realize what's going on and I start fighting back and I reach up and kick her in the baby maker area, really hard and she gets all pissed. And by that time the guy in between us shoves her farther back and tells her to f***ing knock it off. Lindsay has turned around at that point (once I yelled get off of me and the girl started to choke me) and she is about to punch the girl.


My arm where she got a better grip on me is still sore from her, I haven't checked out my neck to see if it's bad but I doubt it. However, I have now been Chris Brown'd. If this is what more adventure in my life gets me, next time I'll stay home and watch television with the 'devil' (otherwise known as Chanel.)


Also, just a side note, but the kid in the picture is Asher Roth. Doesn't look like the kind that brings out the crazies, does he? I mean he's 140 lbs, get serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment