Thursday, April 9, 2009

PSA For SPF

My friend's Dad is a facial and reconstructive plastic surgeon. Last year he was President for the Board of Facial Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery. I've often asked him how I can get rid of x or improve y and he is surprisingly a no short cuts kind of guy.

Wanna cure puffy eyes? Sleep more. Lose weight? Eat healthier and exercise more. How about avoid looking old without plastic surgery? Simple. Stop damaging your skin.

Whether you are fair skinned like my mother, have olive skin like myself, or are dark you are potentially damaging your skin. The point of whether or not you burn when out in the sun is not the only skin damage you can do. While it's important for my mother to wear sun screen (in her everyday moisturizers as well as specific SPF products for prolonged exposure outdoors), it's just as important for me to do so.

My favorite thing about old ladies with plastic surgery are their necks. Their face looks AmAzInG. Their neck, not so much. That's because there are no seems, no hair lines, no where to hide a neck lift. You neck, chest, are often neglected when it comes to sun protection. And they are the areas that show your age the most.

So this is me giving you a cheap piece of advice. Avoid pricey lotions and plastic surgery later by protecting your skin today. And remember, no matter the skin tone, skin damage can occur causing wrinkles and premature old age.

*One should also avoid smoking, alcohol, and lack of sleep, water or nutrients.

No comments:

Post a Comment