Saturday, April 11, 2009

Google To End Microsoft Monopoly?

For some reason when I was purchasing a computer I decided to NOT get the Microsoft package. I have Microsoft word but was previously unable to use Excel Spreadsheets or Powerpoint. Enter my friend Lindsey. She tells me that with my gmail account, I am actually able to access a calendar, Excel, and Powerpoint. What's even better? Well I am able to share these documents with whomever I want, without using space to send the documents.

Create a slideshow and can't burn the project onto a dvd or cd? No problem, just share it with your friends via gmail and google. Have a spreadsheet and need your sister to look over it, improve it, etc but she doesn't have Excel? She doesn't need it with Google docs.

It's quite possibly the coolest thing ever. Ever forget what your friends are doing or your family is doing? Well with google calendar they can share specific events with you. Let you know if they will be out of town, if your mom's birthday is coming up, or if your cousin has a huge baseball game they're playing in.

With technology, more specifically with Google streamlining our technology, life can sometimes be a little easier. And if you don't have a gmail account, get on it by checking them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment