Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pampering

Right now I'm training for three races, 1 definite 5k and two races where it's a toss up between a 5k & a 10k depending on how well I train. Those two races are also a week apart. This much training requires a few things.

1. Quality running shoes. If you are looking for any help with running shoes visit Run n Fun in St. Paul off of Grand Ave or The Running Room at its multiple locations. If you join Running Room's club you can get 20% off of your shoes.

2. Treating yourself to some treats. Such as pedicures, getting adjusted, massages, etc. For a quality pedicures along the way to treat yourself for all your hard work. Try Red Nails in St. Paul's Highland Park - not only did they get ranked #1 but they have a nice coupon online that gives you free stuff. I got one, and one hour and fifteen minutes later my feet were in heaven. A great place for massages is Keep In Touch - my bosses got me a massage there and I felt so cleansed energy wise, though I did have to go get adjusted for my sore muscles shortly afterward at Marty Chiropractic in my office building (quite convenient!) and she gives you packets of my favorite BioFreeze!

3. IcyHot/Benegay/BioFreeze/Freeze It - Basically anything the elderly take for their sore aches and bones, I use on my thighs and back.

Obviously some good running music helps so leave comments on your favorite tunes so I can add them to my iPod!

No comments:

Post a Comment