Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Star Wars Day!

Seems silly to me that people b*tch about there being an Earth Day but no one complains about Star Wars day being on the fourth of May. Or as Star Wars enthusiasts everywhere proclaim "May the Fourth be with you." Cheesy and yet it still makes me giggle.

In unrelated, but still on the topic of space and movies, it seems there is a new movie out this Friday by the wonderful J.J. Abrams. The same man behind LOST starring none other than one of my favorite Hollywood hotties, Chris Pine. Call me biased, but I think he's way hotter than William Shattner. Eww. And though I usually frown on Trekkies I suppose I may have to catch this movie. Why? Well it appears that the combination of Hot Guy + Talented Director = Worth the ticket price.

Now I've been told my movie choices are less than ideal. I have no qualms about proclaiming my love for easy to watch, fun fiilms. Legally Blonde & Legally Blonde 2? Love both, they make me giggle. My favorite types of movies are action (people blowing stuff up) and romantic comedies (idiots falling in love). I find it almost saddening (or at least I know I will get an earful from friends/family) for going and seeing Star Trek when I still haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire or any other Oscar nominated film. Don't worry, I'll add it on my list of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment