Monday, May 11, 2009

Boobie Blucy

Minneapolis gave the world one of my favorite meals. No I'm not referring to Goulash (appetizing name, huh?) But rather the fine delicacy known as the Juicy Lucy. Two bars lay claim to the Juicy Lucy - Matt's & 5-8 bar. And while I have not had the pleasure of sampling either - my first Juicy Lucy was at a local favorite in Saint Paul - The Groveland Tap, or more affectionately known as The Tap. It was good, but I wasn't that impressed.

Fast forward a few months and I'm with a friend at the Blue Door for dinner. The Blue Door is a cute little hole in the wall pub on Selby & Fairview. The dinner rush was spectacular - it was impossible to grab a seat. When we finally got to eat I had the Bacon Juicy Lucy & it was divine.

Saturday after Sara Bareilles, we hit up the Blue Door for some post concert food. What we found was a little slice of heaven on Earth. From May 1st - May 10th The Blue Door was offering what they cleverly referred to as Boobie Blucy's. What this deal entailed was $6 for two mini Blucy burgers with fries or tots. $3 was donated to the Susan G. Komen foundation for the fight against breast cancer. And while the deal is no longer happening, I like to support compaies that support a cause greater than themselves.


So if you are out in Saint Paul and looking for a killer Juicy Lucy try the Blucy Lucy - in between the burger are Bleu Cheese crumbles & chopped garlic. Like I said, a little piece of heaven. The tots are phenom as well. For more information check out the website
here, and make sure to ask to join the club - try all the Blue Door's Juicy Lucy's and you get a free t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment