Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Another Day, Another Dollar Towards My Car

As you may have read previously, I have had some recent car troubles. It came as a great surprise to me then, to have my car die on me on the way home from work today. I was exiting Highway 62 to take the back roads, and good thing I did. Just as I was turning on the next intersection my car stated losing power was flooring it and it kept going slower. The lamp dripping oil and the battery signal light up and my car died. One minute later I got it to work again, just enough time for me to be completely frazzled that I had already put a ton of money into the damn thing and just picked it up from the mechanics yesterday!

Well I called the service place and let them have a piece of my mind. I told them what happened and that this was quite disconcerting because I just picked my car up yesterday and I was quite surprised that the $110 complete diagnostic test yielded no suspicions on my engine. If you're going to charge me for it you better damn well make sure you can put your money where your mouth is.

I told them I was dropping my car off tomorrow morning and they were driving me to work and they were going to fix this problem because that's what the $110 paid them to find out before I had to have my car die on the back roads. So hopefully after tomorrow, I won't have any more car issues to report.

And because I didn't blog about this earlier - the piece of metal I hit didn't do any damage, turns out a water pump burst and there was nothing I could have done to prevent it. So good thing I had left otherwise there wouldn't have been a towing place or mechanic place open by the time I left. Oy. Hopefully by tomorrow this will all be a thing of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment