Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Boston Scientific 5K

In my attempt to train for a 10K this summer in Milwaukee, I have decided to also participate in a 5K for Boston Scientific this summer in Minneapolis at Lake Nokomis. Don't get me wrong, I do not like running. I do it because my pants don't fit and I eat unhealthy amounts of butter. Otherwise, I wouldn't run unless something was chasing me.

My dear friend Keri, errr Kara as others know her as, has recently invited me to gruel it out once a week with her at Como Park. There's a brief instruction by a fitness trainer at the beginning and then an hour and a half to train. We plan to yuck it up with gossip, girl talk, and just our thoughts. It's perfect because I still live in Saint Paul until May 30th, and then after that I can drive once a week to train and make myself somewhat less unhealthy.

For those of you who are unable to attend the weekly training session, try this wonderful website I was introduced to last week, it's called Runner's World which has information on anything you could ever want or need as a runner. Where to buy shoes, how to buy shoes, what shoes to buy. Where to train, how often to train, how long to train, and techniques to make you train better. It's a great resource for anyone in the running world, novice or expert.

For more information on the 5k & 10k on Lake Nokomis on July 25th, 2009 check out the website here!

No comments:

Post a Comment