Monday, February 16, 2009

Completely Undomestic

There are those women who are amazing at everything. I am not one of them. Unfortunately, my sister is. She can play multiple instruments, speak multiple languages, make amazing meals, is incredibly athletic and outdoorsy, can sew anything from her own outfits to my quilt. She's great at painting pictures, drawing, etc. She is basically perfect, and it's not really fair.

Today, the devil aka Chanel, ripped her toy to shreds. I decided to try and sew it up. Two ducks, two sewing jobs and twenty different finger pricks later. How can I barely fix this stupid dog toy without injuring myself? And the worst part, I'm not even doing it well.

So where do these women learn how to do everything? And have you noticed there are women who can do everything men can do and then some? Like I'm pretty sure my sister can rock climb as well as most men, serve a better dinner than most men, and can sew her own clothes better than most men (and women for that matter). How do you never hear of these men who can do it all? And even more importantly, are there men who can do it all like my sister? Or could it be that women might have evolved past men?

No comments:

Post a Comment