Friday, February 13, 2009

Weight A Minute...

I, like most twenty something women, find myself two years out of college and finding none of my pants seem to fit. What's wrong with them? I mean, clearly I didn't gain weight so why did they decide to shrink? Errr.....Right. I remember reading an article in Cosmo saying the weight you will gain in your adult life. 5-10 pounds after high school, 5-20 pounds during college, and 5-15 pounds during your first job. I'm pretty sure I could not fit into my high school pants right now, even if my life depended on it. Time to start making some adjustments, right?

Wrong. Even when everyone else was making New Year's Resolutions and getting motivated to workout, I made none. Until one day, my big girl pants didn't fit. Every woman knows what I'm talking about, the skinny pants and the big pants, for days when your weight fluctuates. I started wearing more and more skirts and dresses to hide the fact that I could barely button my pants. How mortifying!!

Well fast forward another week and I'm at the local Target with my wonderful roommate, and she is looking at buying a yoga or pilates dvd. While she's deliberating between the two and asking for my very uneducated opinion, I perchance see this "30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels" and convince her to buy that instead. 3 weeks of 20 minutes a day (4-5 days a week) doing the dvd and I'm finally fitting (and not struggling) into my skinny pants again.

So, for anyone who needs to lose a couple pounds I highly recommend it. Because a $14 dvd is so much less expensive than a new wardrobe (although less fun).

2 comments:

  1. enjoy the blogging life courtney!! fun to read how you're doing~

    Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday was Day 1 of the Shred Madness! Now being a former dance team dancer I was extremely disappointed by how far I have let myself go since college! I wasn't huffing and puffing when I was done... but then again...how much can you huff and puff when you are face first into a fan while the wind blows all of the sweat across the room as you contemplate the end of the world? And to top it off...a 4 mile uphill bike ride 20 minutes later.... I must be crazy! What I liked most about this workout was it felt like it had elements of the "interval training" mentality...never stopping to give your body time to adjust...high and low impact...constant cardio.... so I will come back at the end of my 30 days with an update... summer 2009 is going to be the summer that I look more like the babe than the buoy! Oh Vey!

    ReplyDelete