Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Devil is Chanel

A little less than a year ago I decided to purchase a Cockapoo puppy. While I thought I had thoroughly thought through this decision, there was much that I had not accounted for.

While she might be the cutest thing in the world, she is very well the offspring of Lucifer himself. In the past year my experiences with her include:

- Vomiting and 'doing her business' every car trip
- Chewing through 3 phone chargers
- Chewing up one wireless mouse and one regular mouse
- Chewing apart my mattress
- Chewing up most of my luggage, purses, backpacks, and one pair of running shoes, countless pairs of flip flops
- Doing her business in the hall after she had already taken care of that literally 10 minutes beforehand
- Chewing my checkbook, bills, cards, wedding invitations, etc.

But, by far, the most excruciatingly embarrassing moment of my entire life as her owner came when we were outside on the balcony of our apartment. It's summer time and I'm talking on my cell phone with my mother and Chanel had to come with me. So there are people walking by with other dogs, and she's fine. And then some people come biking along and she goes mad, starts barking and growling and getting all worked up. A few minutes later some kids go running down the street and she's looking over them, wagging her tail, tongue out and panting & excited to see all the new people. Within seconds an old couple with canes start walking by, and because they walk so slowly they've seen my bi-polar dog go from sweet and innocent to crazy mad just a few minutes ago. Seeing the elder couple she goes biserk, barking like she's being murdered. It's awful and it's mortifying because this couple just looks at me thinking, control your damn dog! The worst, by far, was a few moments later when a women in a full burka walked by our balcony. Chanel was not having it. She let that person know she did not approve of her at all. After a little observation, the common factor in all three victims were that they had some sort of prop with them. A bike, a cane or a full on headcovering outfit that Chanel did not approve of. Because I am not elderly, I do not ride a bike, and I do not wear a Burka Chanel did not know what to think of these things and went hysterical.

And low and behold a few weeks later some Hesidic Jewish men came to our door with their hats and ringlets and Chanel barked so loudly you would have thought she was a big dog. Let me tell you, she really doesn't like props!!

1 comment:

  1. Court, you're so cute!! This will be fun read and keep up with everything that's going on with you!
    xoxo,
    Jenny (SIL)

    ReplyDelete