Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Female Gear

What would you, the female fan love to see in the NHL store? You can already buy the men's and boys' sizes so what new item or revision of a current item would you like to see?

Let's keep it positive, we've done enough bashing of the Champagne jersey so let's be pro-active instead.

Take me, the one thing I would improve is I would make a women's jersey the same as a men's EXCEPT it would cut in slightly to show off one's curves instead of looking like a tent. It would be sewn not iron on and the numbers/logo would be the same size The second thing I would pick is to make the sizing more realistic.

Now what would YOU do if you could get the NHL to do one new thing for the female fan section of the store?

You may comment here or if you have my email please feel free to shoot me off an email.

4 comments:

  1. Female gear that doesn't suggest I am 12 and like sparkly unicorns and cotton candy. Not that anything is wrong with those at 12, but I'm an adult woman.

    Female gear that doesn't make me look or feel like a slut for wearing it. This includes stuff cut too high at the waist or too low over the boobs, or material that is too transparent and which I have to wear something else under so you can't see my bra. Sports gear can be female-orientated and not have to be all "O HAI HERE ARE MAH BOOBS." I am not a puckbunny or an ice girl, don't try to dress me like one.

    Female gear that is good-looking and is of high quality/well-made. My support of my team is not a trendy thing; I want my t-shirts or jerseys or whatever to last multiple seasons, just like the guys' gear does. (I have this same annoyance with female clothing in general. I find it extremely wasteful to design women's clothing to practically fall apart after a season or two.)

    Most importantly, female-marketed gear that is available to a larger range of women's sizes. (ie. doesn't stop at size 6.) Female hockey fans come in a WIDE variety of ages, shapes and sizes. I see just as many plus-sized women as there are average-sized women at games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, there's no need for celebrity marketing or design when it comes to hockey gear. I mean, it's nice Alyssa Milano's got some designs that are a bit more hip and cool, but her name or her modeling the product doesn't entice me to buy it any better than any other product in the line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I want is the exact same stuff as guys, only cut and sized for real women. I abhor pink and I wish for more hoodies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the women’s fit Canucks jersey that I got for my birthday last year. It fits me well, but it is not pink nor does it have rhinestones. It looks just like the men’s jersey except it fits me less like a tent. The only problem now is that they only make the women’s jersey in the home jersey, not the away or the third jersey. I would love to own more than one jersey but it is pointless if it is the same one, I want variety! Any idea if they are going to make more of the women’s jerseys?

    ReplyDelete