Tuesday, December 29, 2009

R.I.P

I haven't checked my Facebook that often of late. So imagine my surprise when I found out another friend & classmate from middle & high school had passed away. Since graduating in 2003 I have lost 3 classmates. 2 died in their sleep, 1 died in a car accident. I've known 2 of these boys since elementary school. I knew their parents, learned to spell with them, even got to mature into somewhat of an adult with them. They died too young, they never had the time to reach their potential as they were all amazing individuals. I know my story is universal; I know others my age & younger have lost classmates to suicide, heart conditions, partying too hard, winter weather driving, etc.

With the New Year just around the corner I ask that you do three things. One: Always get a DD. Two: Take care of your health. Three: Remember you are only promised this moment. You may not see tomorrow or next year. I hope we all live to be 100; but just remember even if you do time goes by so quickly. Follow your bliss; money can be made in almost every single industry & it's not the only definition of wealth. Forgive yourself & others; it only hurts you & not them. I see this first hand in my family right now so my New Year's Resolution is to forgive the one person who has hurt me the most - my brother & former best friend Colin. None of my relationships have been the same since 2005. Four years of hurt has made me less of who I truly am.

I hope you find a resolution that benefits you as well. Whether it be your health, happiness, or future I wish you well in pursuing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment